Can Ho’oponopono improve & keep your relationships alive??
Last week I promised to tell you more about how effective and magical using Ho’oponopono can be.
AN INSPIRING STORY:
“I wanted to thank you for the session on Friday. I was impressed with your methods, and I certainly had more spring in my step on the weekend. Best of all my shoulder has so much more flexibility and NO PAIN! I have to tell you, rather than going home I decided to drive all the way up to Manitoulin Island to visit my father. When I got there I sat in the car for a few minute waiting for the anxiety to hit, but it didn’t. I walked up the steps to the front door, took a breath, knocked and waited. My parents were so surprised to see me they cried. All I felt was relief, we had tea, talked like we never had in all my years, and I am at peace. I gently shed tears all the way home as I drove, but they were tears of joy, I feel great. I am not even tired anymore. I am so looking forward to having you help me clean out any other remaining “AKA cords. Jessy “I love you, I’m sorry, please forgive me, I forgive you, Thank you!” S.C
How is it possible that a woman who is CEO of a corporate dynasty, sits on many Board of Directors, is an independent parent raising her kids on her own, is considered “self-sufficient, confident and smart” and yet feels like a little 5 year old child when she is in front of her father? For years she has been so uncomfortable she avoids family functions, birthdays, reunions, and leaves the county at Christmas so she doesn’t have to be in his presence.
Boy was she surprised when this came up in her session – she had come in for a stubborn frozen shoulder. No amount of physio, chiropractic or osteopathy had helped. Finally her Osteopath suggested this was due to unresolved emotions and referred her to me. Her body knew what it needed … to release old stuck energy and let go of a heavy burden she was shouldering since she was a little girl. Now she uses Ho’oponopono daily to De-story and UN-Create all her relationships every evening and re-instates new healthy energy in each relationship every morning, (with her kids, colleagues, and clients…).
You can too. Keeping the energy clean in our lives makes our journey and its challenges so much easier and enjoyable.
R U Fighting with your son? Resentful of an old colleague or school mate? Judging and blaming yourself for a decision you made while you were still learning? Try this simple Ho’oponopono meditation below and clear the air.
For those of you who are visual and auditory watch this 8 min video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Qoq75-DQm4 you can get this song off of itunes and play it as your background music day and night and watch your life clean up. Enjoy!
Favorite BodyTalk tool. What is Ho’oponopono?
Although not traditionally a BodyTalk tool, I do use it in my practice when a clients body/soul asks for unconditional healing.
My friend Savy Kalivoda (wonderful Massage & Laser Therapist) and I took the courses many years ago in Ottawa through IZI LLC http://www.self-i-dentity-through-hooponopono.com/ and it transformed and opened our lives in totally unexpected but welcome ways. Yes I say that about BodyTalk, Reiki and all the other modalities, but they have each in their unique way helped me move past my own limits into amazing new understandings, releasing old Aka Cords holding me back. Boy did I ever release a lot of AKA stuff around my ex-husband during those 4 days of self realization. What an amazing retreat!Traditionally hoʻoponopono is practiced by Hawaiian healing priests called kahuna to bring reconciliation and forgivenesss among family members of a person who is physically ill. Modern versions are now being taught by Dr. Hew Len and have been made famous by Joe Vitali author of the book Zero Limits.
Ho’oponopono means to make (ho’o) right (pono) right (pono). In other words, make right really right and bring balance back into your life and your relationships with others, even those who have passed on. Inside of you, as parts of your unconscious mind, you carry all the significant people in your life. The world is a reflection of what is happening inside you. If you are experiencing upset or imbalance, the place to look is inside yourself, not outside yourself at the people you perceive as causing your problem.
When you bring balance into your life, you are in a position to forgive others, as well as yourself. Not forgiving or harboring negative thoughts impedes the neuro-pathways and creates dis-ease or dis-harmony among the cells.
What are AKA cords?
The ancient Hawaiians believed that whenever you meet another person, you establish a connection with them (called an aka cord) that continues even when not in the presence of the other person. Aka cords are the means by which telepathic communication is achieved. It is along these aka cords that vital force and thoughts travel between you, your higher power, any object or person in the world. If your relationship with each of these other entities is in balance, then there is a sharing of energy back and forth along the aka cord that mutually supports both of you. For those who are familiar with the chakra energy centers, you may notice that the points where the aka cords connect are different for some people in your life and this may have meaning for you. If you are not aware of the chakras, we will assume the aka cords connect heart to heart.
As your relationships evolve, you may notice this sharing of energy becomes unbalanced with some people. For example, do you know someone in your life that when you are in their presence you can feel the energy being sucked out of you? To re-balance this energy or to allow you to re-establish a connection with this other person in a safe and supportive manner, the ancient Hawaiians believed that the aka cords needed to be cut or dissolved in some fashion and then if appropriate re-established.
How to do The Ho’oponopono Process. It is easier when following the meditative prompts of a facilitator (like me) because it goes into the unconscious but it is possible to do this on your own. It has become habit for me to clear continually every day without even thinking about it. I also use a similar mediation to clean house and get rid of objects and any messyness that might be weighing me down.
Its also great when stuck in traffic, I swear it moves you through traffic like Moses parting the Red Sea! Read more here For those of you who are visual and auditory watch this shorter 4 min video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac5SGwRPv0o
You can get this song off of itunes as an MP3 and play it as your background music day and night and watch your life clean up. Enjoy! The procedure
Ho’oponopono Prayer/Meditation Procedure
- First, Make yourself comfortable, breath easily, close your eyes and relax.
- In your mind, visualize yourself in a safe place and create a stage some distance from you and below you.
- Begin inviting people in groups onto the stage – one group at a time. Remember to include members of the group who have already passed on. The various groups may be:
- Your mother and father, or someone who has been like a mother or father to you.
- Your grandparents.
- Your children and grandchildren.
- Brothers and sisters, aunts and uncles.
- Other family members/ancestors.
- Friends, co-workers, neighbors, etc.
- Ex-friends, ex-lovers, ex-spouses, etc.
- A representation of yourself (at any age. Your intuition will guide you).
- For each group, and do one group at a time, ask the following question: “Do you fully 100% support me in being my true authentic self?” If you get a clear, authentic “yes”, thank them and say “I love you, I’m sorry, Plese forgive me, I forgive you, Thank you” and allow them to leave. Anything else, invite them to remain on the stage.
- Once you have gone through all of the groups, there may be a number of people left on the stage. They are there for a reason.
- They may be on the stage because you need to say something to them. Speak from your heart and tell them what is true for you. As you do, notice that some of those on the stage begin to disappear.
- They may be on the stage because there is something you need to hear from them. Allow them to speak. You do not have to agree with what is said, you only agree to hear what they have to say. Once those on the stage have said what they needed to say, you will notice they too may begin to leave.
- If there are still people left on your stage, imagine an infinite source of love, healing and forgiveness above the top of your head. Allow this infinite source of love, healing and forgiveness to come in through the top of your head (crown chakra), fill up your whole body and then flow out through your heart down the aka cords to those remaining on the stage – loving, healing and forgiving each one of them, so they too may leave the stage.
- If at this time, there are still people left on your stage, then there is something within you that you are not forgiving or internal issues that you need to resolve. In order for you to move forward and draw this exercise to a close, notice that the aka cords between you and those on the stage begin to dissolve so that these relationships can be re-created in a manner that supports who you choose to be.
- Repeat this exercise on a regular basis.
Who do you know that has been harboring old resentments and is all tied up in Aka cords? Someone who needs to untangle some old grudges and move forward in life? They are a great referral for me.
Gift them or yourself) this $20 off coupon for a 45 minute Ho’oponopono session, the tool to use for a lifetime (before Feb 28, 2014 and let them re-establish an authentic relationship between their own Body, Mind, Soul and other souls on this beautiful planet. Book a session here